( SERVES 4 )
This dish makes for the ultimate crowd pleaser on a summer's day.
- Cut one fillet each of very fresh tararakihi atrevally into even-sized pieces, about 5mm thick. Squeeze enough lemon juice onto fish to just cover.
- Marinate in the fridge for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, evenly cut 5 mini cucumbers into a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt and set aside to quick-pickle, then drain.
- De-seed and evenly chop 2-3 tomatoes and add to the the cucumber along with 1 slicliced spring onion, a small handful of chopped chives, the zest of 1/2 a lemon, 2/3 cup coconut cream and salt and pepper to season.
- Drain (and discard) the lemon juice from the fish and add to the mix.