Barbecued venison salad with raspberry balsamic
Venison and raspberries are a beautiful match. This is easy and delicious summer entertaining fare. If you can’t get venison, use lamb.
Raspberry balsamic dressing
- Heat barbecue on medium to high heat. Rub oil over venison and season with salt. Drizzle eggplant, capsicum, asparagus, corn and red onion with olive oil. Cook venison backstraps for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium (do not cook more than medium).
- Set meat aside to rest before slicing. Cook eggplant, capsicum, asparagus, corn and red onion for 5-10 minutes on barbecue until cooked through.
- To make the dressing, shake all ingredients together in a screw-top jar until well combined.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn kernels off the cob using a sharp knife.
- To serve, toss salad leaves and cherry tomatoes with barbecued vegetables and venison. Divide between plates and drizzle with raspberry balsamic dressing.