Stirfried lettuce, snowpeas and prawns
Cooking lettuce sounds weird to you? It is definitely worth it, as the first bite of this simple and delicious Japanese recipe will prove
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 piece||Ginger, 5cm, cut into matchsticks|
|1||Garlic clove, thinly sliced|
|10||Prawns, green, (uncooked) peeled|
|1 cup||Snow peas, stems removed|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 to serve||Light soy sauce|
|1 to serve||Lemon, cut into wedges,|
|½||Lettuce, large cos, cut in half lengthwise, stem removed|
- Slice across large cos leaves 2 or 3 times to cut it into large chunks. Keep small leaves intact.
- Toss cos with salt in a colander and leave to drain for 10 minutes. Pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add sesame oil then half of the ginger and all of the garlic.
- Stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add prawns, then cos. Stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes, then add snowpeas for final 1 minute, seasoning with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls. Pour 1 tsp soy sauce over each portion. Scatter remaining ginger over the top and offer lemon on the side.