Capsicums, tomatoes and basil
( SERVES 8 )
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Cut the capsicums in half, then remove the stalk and seeds. Place the halves in a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes until the skin begins to blister and darken.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before peeling off the skin. Cut each half into 2-3 pieces and place in a serving dish.
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 pieces, carefully removing the stalky end. Toss the tomatoes onto the capsicums and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, spread the basil leaves over the dish and drizzle with oil. Serve at once.