Seafood, lettuce wedges and classic cocktail sauce
- Prepare everything ahead. To make the sauce, put the mayonnaise, Tabasco, Worcestershire and tomato sauces and cream into a bowl, then gently fold them together. Adjust the seasoning, adding enough lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. This sauce can be made a day or two ahead and refrigerated until needed.
- To prepare the seafood, gently fry the scallops in the butter until they are opaque and just set. Keep aside. Drop the prawns into simmering water and poach for 2 minutes. Remove and cool immediately.
- Place the mussels in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Allow the water to come to the boil and steam the mussels open. This will take 3-4 minutes. Remove the beard and dark foot. Keep all seafood refrigerated until needed.
- To serve, wash the lettuce, then cut it in half, then into 4 wedges, giving you 8 pieces, then put each wedge on an individual plate.
- Divide the seafood evenly. Spoon over the sauce so it cascades down the lettuce and the seafood.