Potato and pancetta tart
( SERVES 4 )
This is a great dish to fill you up and makes for tasty leftovers for lunch the next day.
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|500 g||Puff pastry|
|1 Tbsp||Truffle oil, optional|
|3||Potatoes, large ilam hardy, sliced thinly|
|150 g||Ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Pancetta, sliced smoked, cut into pieces|
|1 tsp||Dried thyme|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|5 Tbsp||Olives, pitted|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Roll out the pastry to fit a 30cm x 40cm oven tray. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush the oils over the surface of the pastry. Blanch the potato slices in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Remove, drain and cool.
- Layer the potato in overlapping slices on the pastry and scatter over the thyme. Crumble the cheese over the potato and dot the top with pancetta and olives. Scatter over the parmesan and season with pepper and salt.
- Place the tart in the hot oven, then turn up the heat by 10C so the pastry really starts to cook. When the pastry is puffed and golden brown on the edges and underside, remove the tart from the oven. (This will take about 20 minutes, depending on your oven.)
- Scatter over the parsley and cut into generous wedges.
Serves 4 as a meal with salad or makes up to 24 small pieces as a pre-dinner snack.