Lemon melting moments
( SERVES 12 )
We all love these classic cookies, but this lemon curd-inspired filling makes them utterly irresistible.
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
|220 g||Butter, softened|
|2||Lemons, zest only|
|¼ cup||Custard powder|
|1½ cups||Plain flour|
- Preheat the oven to 170 degC. Cream the butter and icing sugar, then add the lemon zest.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and stir.
- Pipe 24 to 26 small biscuits onto a lined baking tray, 5cm in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly coloured. Cool and fill with the following icing.
- Lemon icing: Beat butter together with lemon juice.
- Add the icing sugar and lemon curd. Mix well, producing a smooth, thick icing.
- Spread the icing over the base of one biscuit. Join to another biscuit to complete.