Mushroom, leek and creamy blue cheese tart
( SERVES 6 )
There is no need to give suggestions for leftovers with this one – you have never seen a canapé move so fast!
- Line a 32cm flan dish with baking paper. Press pastry into this and chill for 20 minutes.
- Place 50g of butter into a saucepan. Saute the leeks for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool and preheat the oven to 180 degC fan bake.
- Using the same saucepan, add the other 50g of butter along with the mushrooms. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cooled leeks. Stir over heat for 5 minutes. Season and set aside to cool.
- Place the mixture into the pastry case. Brush the beaten egg over the top, then bake for 30 to 35 minutes.