Chicken and broccolini stir-fry
( SERVES 4 )
This is ideal for preparing before your guests arrive.
|⅓ cup||Chicken stock|
|½ tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 Tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|4||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, chopped|
|1 pinch||White pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|⅓ cup||Almonds, whole|
|500 g||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless, cut into 5cm slices|
|2||Spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths|
|100 g||Snap peas, (sugar snap)|
|400 g||Baby corn, whole, drained|
|1 can||Canned water chestnuts, 227g, drained|
|1 cup||Broccoli, sliced|
|1 to serve||Rice, steamed|
- Put the cornflour, and chicken stock into a bowl, mix together. Add sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of peanut oil in a wok. Add almonds, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in wok, add chicken and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add spring onions and stir for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add peanut oil to wok, place carrot, sugar snaps, baby corn, water chestnuts and broccolini in wok and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the cornflour mix into the hot wok, stirring until thick. Add other ingredients and serve with rice.