Lemon raisin bar
An Otaki resident explains the link between gardening and baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC fan bake. Line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with baking paper (for easy removal).
- Place the first five ingredients in the food processor and blitz for a few minutes until the mixture noisily forms a clump. Press into the baking pan.
- In a bowl place the melted butter, add coconut and leave for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs and brown sugar and beat together.
- Add raisins and lemon zest and juice. Blend well.
- Pour over base and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. It should still look a little soft/wobbly in the middle. Cool and store in fridge.
- The next day, ice with lemon icing and keep in fridge.
- Lemon icing: Mix together, spread on slice and decorate with fine lemon zest.