Date and lime cake
This date and lime cake can be ready in 50 minutes.
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|2||Eggs, large, lightly beaten|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Dates, pitted|
|1 cup||Sour cream|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the lightly beaten egg, mixing well after each addition. Sift the flour and baking soda into another bowl.
- Cut lime in half, removing any seeds. Chop, then grind in a blender or food processor together with the dates. (Yes, you read correctly. The whole lime, minus the seeds, is used in this recipe.) Add lime and date mixture to the creamed butter.
- Add the flour and soda alternately with the sour cream.
- Place in a greased 23cm ring cake tin and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- To make the icing, cream the butter, add the other ingredients and beat well. Allow cake to cool before icing.