Kumara and thyme gratin
( SERVES 4 )
This is comfort food with a twist.
|1 kg||Kumara, peeled and chopped|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh thyme, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Lightly grease a 24 x 16 x 7cm deep oven-proof dish.
- Cook kumara for 15 minutes in a large saucepan until tender. Drain and return to pan, add butter, milk and egg, then mash.
- Add thyme, parmesan and orange zest. Mix well and season. Spoon into the prepared dish.
- Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl, then sprinkle on top of the mash.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden. Serve.