( SERVES 6 )
For a gluten-free option, the pears are perfect as a base – then you can add the other toppings. Keep a pepper grinder handy for those guests who want to add a kick to their canape. The pear chutney is great to give guests. Once they have tasted it on their canapes, they will want more!
|300 g||Blue cheese, creamy|
|2||Pears, cored and sliced, skin left on|
|½ cup||Pecans, nuts, roasted|
|4 Tbsp||Runny honey|
- Soften cheese at room temperature for 1 hour before assembling platter.
- Arrange crostini, cheese and prepared pear slices on a large platter.
- Place nuts, honey and 1/2 cup chutney into ramekins or glass containers and place on platter. Serve.
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Simmer gently for 2 hours and 15 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Once chutney is thick, pour into hot, clean jars and seal.