Christmas ice cream pudding
A lovely ice cream that uses dried fruit, cranberries and cherries to make it a little festive. Ready in 5 hours plus freezing time.
- Place fruit (except for the cranberries) in a bowl with brandy, cover and set aside for 4 hours.
- In a large bowl whisk egg yolks with sugar until thick and pale.
- In a saucepan heat cream, but remove it from the heat just before it boils. Add to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a clean saucepan and heat until thick. Set aside. Cool completely then add yoghurt and fruit.
- Stir well then pour into a bowl, cover and freeze for 6 hours. Remove from freezer and beat mixture.
- Pour into six 1 cup dariole moulds or 1 large pudding bowl. Return to freezer for 6 hours.
- Turn onto serving plates and top with sugared cranberries. Dust with icing sugar.