Magic mince pies
These mince pies are ready in 1 hour - use store-bought fruit mince, or make your own.
For fruit mince recipes, check out our Christmas mince collection.
Please note this mixture is very dry and crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Weigh the flour into a food processor mixer bowl.
- Using a cheese grater or the grater attachment, grate the butter into the flour, then rub it into a fine crumble with your hands or very lightly pulse the mix.
- Mix in the sugar, salt and pulse until combined.
- Taking the dry mix, form it into small balls and knead briefly. The dough will be firm and quite dry, but don’t worry, that’s good.
- Line your greased pie tins by pressing a walnut-sized piece of dough into each, ensuring you press the dough up the sides to the top.
- Fill the tarts three quarters with fruit mince, then take a smaller piece of pastry dough and flatten between your hands to create pie lids.
- Cover the pies with the lid and press the edges together to seal. Use the tip of a knife to pierce each pie top.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.
- These pies will store in an airtight container for up to five days.