Rice, spinach and feta cheese
( SERVES 6 )
Don’t be fooled by the name of this dish – it should be called “heaven in a bowl”.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until tender.
- Add the uncooked rice. Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low heat. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes until tender. Mix in the spinach. Cover and cook for a further 5 to 8 minutes until the rice and spinach are tender and the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Mix in the tomatoes and cheese, before cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Cook's tip: Add fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, to these dishes just before serving.