|160 g||Unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|75 g||Unsalted butter, extra, melted|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|¾ cup||Cocoa powder|
|3 cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|2½ tsp||Baking powder, sifted|
|1 cup||Water, boiling|
|3 cups||Desiccated coconut|
|¼ cup||Raspberry jam|
|3 cups||Plain flour, sifted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, milk, and buttermilk and beat until just combined.
- Spoon 2/3 of the mixture into 12 x ½ cup-capacity lightly greased tins and make a hole in the centre.
- Divide the jam between the muffins and top with the remaining mixture. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool on a wire rack. Mix to combine the icing sugar, cocoa, water and melted butter.
- Toss the muffins in the cocoa mixture and roll in coconut. Allow to set.
Tips and tricks You could fill the lamington muffins with your favourite jam or even choc-hazelnut spread or store-bought caramel filling.