Orange and oregano marinated pork
|3 cloves||Garlic, peeled|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Oregano, roughly chopped|
|¼ tsp||Dried chilli flakes|
|½||Orange, freshly juiced and finely grated zest|
|½ tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|1 Tbsp||Lime juice|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||Pork chops, about 200g each|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, roughly chopped|
|½||Orange, use zest strips from remaining orange|
|1 handful||Mixed salad leaves|
|1 to drizzle||Balsamic vinegar|
- Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, cumin seeds, oregano, chilli flakes, orange zest and salt into a thick aromatic paste. Transfer to a larger bowl and stir in the orange juice, lime juice and olive oil.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the chops and leave to marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. Drain the pork, reserving the marinade.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once and brushing with the marinade halfway through.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and the extra orange zest and serve with salad leaves drizzled with balsamic vinegar.