Vanilla snap cookies
This is the perfect simple cooking dough. Makes 12.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2-3 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm-thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Use Christmas cookie cutters to cut shapes from the dough and place on lightly greased trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.