Muhallabia (Almond cream pudding)
- Mix the rice flour in 185ml (cup) of the milk.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir in the rice flour mixture, salt and sugar.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the mixture bubbles gently.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring often; it is important that the mixture cooks slowly.
- Stir in the ground almonds until smoothly combined. Stir in the rosewater and remove from the heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture cools a little, then pour into a serving bowls.
- Chill the puddings and serve garnished with nuts, and pomegranate seeds if available.