Flourless chocolate torte with raspberries
- Melt 100g of chocolate (70% cocoa) over water and pour over a robust tray, such as a clean roasting tray. Allow to cool.
- Add the rest of the chocolate and the butter into the same bowl and allow to melt and mix. Stir well.
- Separate the eggs and beat 100g sugar into each bowl, making the whites into soft peaks.
- Beat the yolk mixture into the chocolate and butter mixture, then beat in half the whites, then fold the rest of the whites into the mixture.
- Grease a 20cm cake tin and dust with cocoa. A greased paper disc underneath is a great idea.
- Bake at 160 degC for about 25 minutes; the centre should just wobble.
- Allow to cool, then turn out upside down. If it has souffled, press gently.
Tip: Serve warm with raspberries (fresh or frozen) warmed with the sugar until it is dissolved, and with the creme fraiche and the 100g of cooled chocolate broken into chards or crumbled over the top for decoration.