Duck breast with Sardinian couscous and corn
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Heat a large saucepan, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in fregola and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 12 minutes, stirring regularly until fregola is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Add corn and herbs, cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, heat a heavy-based frying pan. Season duck breasts with salt and pepper and place skin-side down in the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the skin is golden brown and crisp - pouring off rendered fat once or twice during cooking.
- Turn duck breasts over and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- pread sun-dried tomato pesto over duck skin, then remove duck to rest and keep warm for 10 minutes before slicing and serving on top of fregola.
- Garnish with sliced red pepper.