Avocado with Mediterranean dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Remember when avocados were considered so flash they were served in high-end restaurants filled with prawns or chopped hard boiled egg? Avocado vinaigrette was "tres chic". This healthy, hearty version would make lunch with a salad or a good summer starter.
- Warm a little of the olive oil in a frying pan, add the pine nuts and heat until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the oil and remaining dressing ingredients, then put aside until required.
- Just before serving, halve two ripe avocados by cutting around them and twisting the halves gently.
- Remove the stones by chopping a sharp knife into the stone and twisting the knife.
- Spoon dressing into the avocado cavities and serve promptly