Chilled cream of watercress soup (creme cressonniere frappe)
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|200 g||Leeks, white part only|
|200 g||Potatoes, peeled and sliced|
|1 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
- Heat the oil in a pan, add leek and potato and cook for 10 minutes until soft (stir occasionally).
- Add watercress and garlic and cook until watercress wilts.
- Pour in stock, season and bring to boil. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Puree until smooth, pour into a bowl. Add most of the cream and the lime juice. Cool, then chill.
- Stir the soup, check seasoning, put into bowls and garnish with the lime zest, herb sprigs and a drop or two of cream.