Honey sesame pork salad
( SERVES 4 )
- Mix the chilli and ginger with 3 tablespoons of liquid honey, a tablespoon of sesame oil and a tablespoon of a light oil such as grapeseed or rice bran.
- Toss the pork through this mix and leave to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Finely slice the peppers. Dice tomatoes, removing seeds but leaving skin on. Pick over half a cup of each of these fresh herbs: mint, basil, coriander and Vietnamese mint. Finely chop the spring onions. Toss all these ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook off the noodles by blanching in boiling water. Cool by running cold water through them and allow to drain. You need around 2 cups of cooked noodles.
- Toast sesame seeds.
- In a heavy pan sear the pork and remove to a medium oven for 10 mins to finish cooking. Make sure all the chilli and ginger is cooked with the pork pieces.
- Mix the salad and the noodles together and set out on a serving platter or on individual plates. Sit the cooked pork on top of this, tipping any juices over the salad. Splash another tablespoon of sesame oil and squeeze a lemon or lime across the ingredients. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.