Honey sesame pork salad
( SERVES 4 )
|1||Red chilli, finely sliced|
|1 piece||Fresh ginger, 2cm, grated|
|3 Tbsp||Liquid honey|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Rice bran oil, or any other light oil eg grapeseed oil|
|400 g||Pork, lean, diced|
|2 cups||Fresh herbs, half cup each of fresh mint, basil, coriander and Vietnamese mint|
|1 bunch||Spring onion|
|1 packet||Rice noodles, or vermicelli|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame seeds|
|1||Lemon, or lime, the juice squeezed over before serving|
- Mix the chilli and ginger with the honey, a tablespoon of sesame oil and the grapeseed or rice bran oil.
- Toss the pork through this mix and leave to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Finely slice the peppers.
- Dice tomatoes, removing seeds but leaving skin on.
- Pick over the herbs.
- Finely chop the spring onions. Toss all these ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook off the noodles by blanching in boiling water. Cool by running cold water through them and allow to drain. You need around 2 cups of cooked noodles.
- Toast the sesame seeds.
- In a heavy pan sear the pork and remove to a medium oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking. Make sure all the chilli and ginger is cooked with the pork pieces.
- Mix the salad and the noodles together and set out on a serving platter or on individual plates.
- Sit the cooked pork on top of this, tipping any juices over the salad.
- Splash another tablespoon of sesame oil and squeeze a lemon or lime across the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.