Haloumi, chorizo and parsley souffle omelette
( SERVES 2 )
This is a super light and super tasty omelette. The beaten egg whites give a fluffiness to the omelette and the juicy chorizo gives it a nice kick!
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up lumps, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside and reserve the oil.
- Place the egg yolks, cream, haloumi, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites though the egg yolk mixture.
- Melt the butter in 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chorizo and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the base of the omelette is just set.
- Gently fold over to enclose the chorizo and cut in half. Sprinkle with the micro parsley, drizzle with the chorizo oil and serve with lemon wedges.