Photo by Carolyn Robertson
Makes 12 lamingtons.
- In a bowl, combine jelly crystals with boiling water and stir until crystals dissolve.
- Place jelly mixture in the fridge to cool and slightly set.
- Trim any dark edges from sponge cake and slice into 12 equal squares or rectangles, as desired.
- Spread coconut out on a tray.
- Dip all sides of each sponge square in cold jelly mixture and then roll in coconut to coat.
- Cut a slit in the top of each lamington.
- Combine whipped cream and lemon curd and place a tablespoon or two in the slit of each lamington.
- Decorate with a teaspoon of cherry jam.