Chilli tuna and chickpea salad
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Slice cucumber diagonally and place in a colander sitting over a bowl.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and set aside for 20 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly in plenty of cold water to remove bitter juices.
- Squeeze well to remove excess liquid.
- Combine cucumber with pepper, tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas and tuna in a large bowl.
- Mix together chilli sauce, lemon juice, oil and mint and pour over salad ingredients.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.