Asparagus, chervil and pecorino quiche
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 clove||Garlic, grated|
|100 g||Pecorino cheese, grated|
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour and salt together. Cut the butter into small cubes then rub into the flour using your fingertips until the texture is similar to breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the water and egg yolk together, then gently stir into the flour to form a firm dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest before using.
- To make the filling, trim the asparagus then slice. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus for 2 minutes then drain under cold running water.
- Whisk the cream, garlic and eggs together with the pecorino. Season with chervil and salt.
- Roll out the pastry and line a greased 22cm spring-form tin. Let rest for 30 minutes while pre-heating oven to 190C. Pour in the filling and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and the filling has just set. Cool slightly and sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.