New potato, asparagus and lemon salad
( SERVES 6 )
This fabulous combination makes a lovely spring luncheon dish or could be used as an entrée or as part of a buffet. It's equally good made ahead, refrigerated and brought back to room temperature for serving.
- Simmer the potatoes in a saucepan with enough salted water to cover them, cooking until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, simmer the asparagus in another pan of salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water to retain the bright-green colour.
- Make a dressing by placing the lemon zest and juice, oil, chillies, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl, then whisking together.
- Place the warm potatoes, asparagus and lemon segments in a serving bowl.
- Toss very gently with the dressing to coat all ingredients, taking care not to break up the lemon or damage the asparagus.
- Scatter the chives over the top and serve.