Red Christmas salad
( SERVES 10 )
|3||Red capsicums, seeds, stalks and membranes removed, then cut into wedges|
|3||Red onions, small, cut into wedges|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|20||Baby carrots, peeled|
|1 handful||Basil leaves, for garnish|
|2||Acid-free tomatoes, large|
- Heat the oven to 180C and roast the capsicum and onion wedges until soft and mellow – about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare the beetroot, boil in water for about 40 minutes until tender, then cool and remove the skins. Cut into rough chunks.
- To prepare the carrots, cook in salted water with a pinch of sugar for about 10 minutes until soft but not mushy. Keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut into neat chunks.
- Shake the dressing ingredients in a small screwtop jar until well mixed. Place the vegetables on a large white platter, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with a few torn basil leaves and serve at room temperature.