Grilled peach salad with prosciutto and mint
The success of this dish relies on the peaches being ripe and sweet, to offset the saltiness of the prosciutto. Use golden queens or yellow-fleshed fruit.
- Preheat the grill. Slice the fruit in half and remove the stone.
- Place the halves cut-side up on a baking sheet under the grill and cook until the tops are well-coloured and bubbling slightly.
- Remove from the grill and set to one side. Tear the rocket and mint leaves and drop them into a mixing bowl.
- Cut the fruit into thick wedges and add them to the bowl.
- Shred the prosciutto and add to the peaches and rocket.
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and season with a touch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Pour the dressing onto the peaches and gently toss together, trying not to crush the cooked fruit. Eat immediately, while the peaches are still warm.