Grilled Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mint
( SERVES 2 )
The success of this dish relies on the peaches being ripe and sweet, to offset the saltiness of the prosciutto. Use golden queens or yellow-fleshed fruit.
- Preheat the grill. Slice the fruit in half and remove the stone.
- Place the halves cut-side up on a baking sheet under the grill and cook until the tops are well-coloured and bubbling slightly.
- Remove from the grill and set to one side. Tear the rocket and mint leaves and drop them into a mixing bowl.
- Cut the fruit into thick wedges and add them to the bowl.
- Shred the prosciutto and add to the peaches and rocket.
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and season with a touch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Pour the dressing onto the peaches and gently toss together, trying not to crush the cooked fruit.
- Eat immediately, while the peaches are still warm.