Zucchini and Almond Soup with Black-Olive Toast
( SERVES 4 )
- Chop the onion roughly. Peel and crush the garlic. Melt the butter in a deep frying pan, then soften the onion and garlic without colouring. Wash and grate the zucchini, then stir into the pan.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the almonds and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and process until smooth in a blender, introducing the basil and cream while the motor is running. Check the seasoning.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls with a sprinkling of extra almonds on top and olive toast at the side.
- To make the olive toasts, toast the baguette slices on one side, then brush with oil. Spread with the olive paste or tapenade.