Fresh figs and passionfruit with ricotta and lavender syrup
The lavender is the tricky bit here; it's easy to make the syrup, harder to find the edible French lavender. You can use a drop of lavender essential oil or even some rosewater instead. Both of these flavours are particularly nice in shortbread as well. Failing that, a simple, thin chocolate sauce will suit.
alternative: lavender syrup
- To make chocolate sauce, boil 50g sugar with 100ml of water for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 100g of 75 per cent dark chocolate.
- For the lavender syrup boil 100g of sugar, 100ml water and two sprigs of French lavender for 1 minutes. Set aside and chill well before serving.
- Place a dollop of ricotta for each person in the bottom of the bowls you wish to serve in.
- Top with fresh fig halves, the pulp from fresh passionfruit and drizzle with your lavender/rosewater syrup
- (if you're going to serve with the chocolate sauce, serve this in a separate jug or pool it in the bottom of the bowl for presentation).
- Serve with some nice shortbread or your favourite biscotti.