salad of duck with plum sauce, roast peanuts and crispy shallots
This one’s hard to resist — spicy, rich and exotic, it also has wonderful contrasting textures and is packed with flavour.
|150 ml||Plum sauce|
|1||Roast duck, meat removed from the bones and roughly chopped.|
|3||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Fish sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Hoisin sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Sweet soy sauce|
|¼||Small cabbage, finely sliced|
|3||Limes, zest and juice of|
|1||Small red onion, peeled and finely sliced.|
|1 cup||Mint leaves, picked.|
|1 bunch||Spring onion, finely sliced.|
|1 cup||Basil leaves, picked.|
|2 cups||Coriander, picked|
|2 cups||Baby spinach|
|½ cup||Roasted peanuts, roughly chopped.|
|½ cup||Shallots, deep fried.|
- Place duck meat into a large mixing bowl.
- To make dressing, place plum sauce, garlic, chilli, ginger, fish sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce in a separate bowl with lime juice and zest.
- Mix together well to combine and reserve for later use.
- Add cabbage, red onion, spring onion, mint, basil, coriander and spinach to the duck.
- Add half the prepared dressing, toss gently to combine and divide between four plates.
- Drizzle each salad with remaining dressing and finish with roast peanuts and crispy shallots. Serve immediately.