Maple syrup, date and pecan cupcakes
( SERVES 12 )
For these cupcakes try using Medjool dates, which have a thick flesh and a dark, rich flavour.
|4 Tbsp||Butter, melted|
|4 Tbsp||Cream, soured|
|150 g||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Baking powder|
|250 g||Plain flour|
|1||Banana, large, mashed|
|170 g||Dates, chopped|
|4 Tbsp||Pecans, chopped|
Maple Syrup Butter
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter, soured cream, milk and banana with an electric mixer until combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the dates and pecan nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cakes and cool on a rack.
- For the maple syrup butter, combine the syrup and butter in a bowl. Spread over the top of the cooled cupcakes.