White Chocolate & Pistachio Cupcakes
( SERVES 18 )
Technically, white chocolate is not a chocolate, but it tastes just as decadent! Macadamia nuts also work well and give a creamier flavour than pistachios.
|225 g||Butter, softened|
|200 g||Caster sugar|
|2½ tsp||Baking powder|
|225 g||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|100 g||Chocolate chips, white|
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC. Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale - about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, heat the chocolate and milk in a double boiler, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the icing sugar until smooth. Spread over the cupcakes and sprinkle with the nuts.