Chocolate hazelnut and fig cupcakes
The combination of dark chocolate and figs makes this cupcake pure decadence. For a denser texture, replace the figs with the same weight in stoneless prunes.
|225 g||Butter, softened|
|200 g||Caster sugar|
|225 g||Plain flour|
|2½ tsp||Baking powder|
|120 g||Chocolate chips, dark|
|60 g||Dried figs, chopped|
|60 g||Hazelnuts, toasted, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, figs and hazelnuts, in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale - about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate, figs and hazelnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- For the frosting, beat the icing sugar and butter in a large bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the cocoa. Fold in the chocolate liqueur and vanilla extract. Spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.