Baked whole flounder with spice crust
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Heat oven to 200C.
- To prepare the preserved lemon, discard the flesh, rinse the rind in water then chop finely.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Rub each flounder with olive oil and then with the spice mix.
- Place the flounder on oven trays and bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on the size of the fish) until cooked through.
- Alternatively the flounder can be grilled for 3-4 minnutes on each side.
- Serve immediately scattered with the chopped preserved lemon and coriander and with extra preserved fresh lemon wedges on the side.
If you have leftover fish, flake it then toss it with some chervil or dill and some lemon juice. Use this as an omelette filling, tucking the fish in at the last minute so that it just heats through.