Choc-Caramel Easter Slice
( SERVES 16 )
Easter isn't just about foil-wrapped chocolate eggs. Be creative and carry the theme through an array of chocolate treats. With a few clever decorating ideas, you can turn simple sweets into stunning crowd-pleasers.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the flour, cocoa, sugar and ground almonds in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and egg and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and press to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Set aside.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and extra butter in saucepan over medium heat and stir to melt butter. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Pour caramel mixture over the base and top with the malt balls.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Slice to serve.