Rosemary sticks with prawn and courgette wraps
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
The sun-dried tomato dipping sauce makes ½ cup.
|16 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, or use small skewers or toothpicks|
|16||King prawns, raw|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2||Zucchini, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler|
Sun-dried tomato dipping sauce
- Peel prawns, leaving tails intact and remove veins (the dark thread running down the back of the prawn).
- Remove the leaves from the base of the stems of rosemary and lightly peel the stalks so that they form clean, smooth skewers.
- Heat a pan with a little water and add the lemon juice.
- Add prawns to the pan and poach at a gentle simmer for about 2 minutes or until they turn pinky-orange. Remove to cool.
- Wrap a ribbon of zucchini around the middle of each prawn and secure with a rosemary skewer.
- For the sun-dried tomato dipping sauce, puree sun-dried tomatoes and garlic together in a food processor.
- Add chilli powder, lemon juice and oil and puree to form a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a simple dipping sauce for skewered food.