Stir-fry of prawns in cos and radicchio leaves
Photo by Tamara West
Present your prawns in lettuce cups for a new take on this flavour-filled family favourite.
- Remove the head from the prawns, peel and devein.
- In a bowl lightly beat the egg white with the cornflour. Mix in the prawns and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, then the prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until they change colour on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- With the wok or frying pan off the heat, add the garlic, chilli and cashew nuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds, add to the prawns.
- Return the wok or frying pan to the heat, add the remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Add the spring onions, water chestnuts and green beans.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute then return the prawns and nut mixture.
- Pour in the honey-soy mixture. Allow to bubble up then remove from the heat. Spoon prawn stir-fry into the leaves and serve immediately.