Fresh fruit salsa
A leg of ham served with plenty of bread, salad greens and a set of Warren Elwin’s accompaniments makes a casual buffet meal. They’re also handy fridge fixings for holiday sandwiches.
- Cut 3 ripe tomatoes into quarters and discard the seeds, then cut into small dice.
- Combine in a bowl with the flesh of a mango and 1 small red onion cut into the same size dice.
- Add 1 clove crushed garlic, ½ a finely chopped green chilli, 1 tsp finely grated ginger, the zest of ½ a lemon and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Add fresh chopped basil or coriander and mix.
- Season to taste and lightly chill.