Poached white fish with roasted capsicum and paprika mayonnaise Bruschetta
I have always been a fan of cold poached fish. I find the larger flaked fish like hapuka, bluenose, warehou, etc work best for this sort of thing. Texturally as well as flavour wise, this works a dream.
- Slice some ciabatta and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Place a large skillet or frying pan over high heat, fill ¾ with water and bring to a simmer.
- Season water with the juice of 2 lemons and flaky sea salt.
- Lay fresh fish fillets in the water and allow to gently poach for a few minutes until nearly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and let the fish cool in the cooking liquid.
- Spoon some mayonnaise into a bowl, then add some roasted capsicum.
- With a wand blender or similar, blitz them together.
- Now fold through some more mayonnaise, some diced, roasted capsicums and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Season to taste. Drain fish from poaching liquor, break into large flakes and portion on to bruschetta.
- Dollop mayo on each one, and finish with a squeeze of lemon.