A leg of ham served with plenty of bread, salad greens and a set of Warren Elwin’s accompaniments makes a casual buffet meal. They’re also handy fridge fixings for holiday sandwiches.
|2||Capsicums, or as many as you need, in a medly of colours|
|1 serving||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 squeeze||Lemon juice|
- Brush a medley of coloured capsicums with olive oil and salt. Roast in a hot oven until they colour all over and collapse.
- Remove and rest in foil or a ziplock bag. Once cool remove the peppers and reserve the juice in a bowl.
- Peel the peppers, remove the seeds, and slice flesh into ribbons.
- Add to the bowl with 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar and enough olive oil to cover.
- Season with fresh lemon juice and chill.