Spaghetti with Anchovies and Crisp Garlic Crumbs
Don't be put off by the anchovies, they melt into the background and provide a salty contrast to the toasted garlic bread crumbs.
- Cook 400g of spaghetti (I used dried for this) in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Remove the crusts from 9 slices of white toast bread and process into crumbs.
- Melt 60g of butter in a pan and cook the breadcrumbs with 2 crushed garlic cloves until well browned (keep stirring or they will burn).
- Drain the pasta and toss in 45g of anchovies (drained and finely chopped), 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp lemon zest, 1/2 cup of finely chopped chives and 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Toss through the garlic crumbs, season and serve immediately with some lemon wedges.