Penne with Vodka
- Cook 450g of penne pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Saute a finely diced medium onion in olive oil, add 2 sliced red chillies, seeds in or out, depending how fiery you want the dish.
- Cook for a few more minutes, then increase the heat and add 1 tsp of dried basil and 2 tbsp of vodka. Careful: the alcohol will flame.
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and 1 can of diced tomatoes. Simmer to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the sauce. Add a cup of cream, 100g of grated parmesan and another 2 tbsp of vodka. Grind in lots of black pepper and serve immediately.