Pea, bean, asparagus and tuna salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
|300 g||Asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways|
|300 g||Green beans, trimmed and halved diagonally|
|100 g||Snow peas, trimmed|
|1 cup||Peas, fresh or frozen|
|300 g||Tuna in spring water, drained and flaked|
|¼ cup||Fresh basil|
- Cook beans, asparagus, snow peas and peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until tender to the bite but still bright green.
- Drain well and refresh in ice-cold water to cool, then drain again.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cooked greens and flaked tuna.
- Combine dressing ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste and pour dressing over salad.
- Toss well, garnish with basil leaves and serve.