Crispy skin fish with asparagus, dill and caper potatoes
( SERVES 4 )
To get nice crispy skin on the fish, push down on the fish (while it is skin-side-down in the pan) with a fish slice, so that all the skin makes contact with the hot pan.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water with 1 tsp salt.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 6-8 minutes until potatoes are just cooked (when the tip of a sharp knife goes through easily).
- Cut asparagus lengths into thirds and add to the boiling water with the potatoes to cook for 1 minute more.
- Drain asparagus and potatoes and toss with capers, dill, Dijon mustard, butter and garlic. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dust both sides of fish fillets in seasoned flour. Shake off excess flour. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan with a small knob of butter.
- Fry fish skin-side-down for 2-3 minutes, then flip over and cook for another minute until fish is just cooked through.
- Divide potatoes and cherry tomatoes between plates and top with a piece of fish. Serve.